Five minutes! Once you have your simple materials, that’s how long it will take you to combine them on your table to create a show-stopping centerpiece that will set the mood for your festive celebration.
What you need for this project:
- Cake stand or large round plate or charger
- Store-bought wreath of spring flowers (the one pictured is from Pier 1, but also look at other home stores, Michaels, HobbyLobby, World Market, Target, Walmart, etc.)
- An object to place in the center ~ candle or bunny or any icon that evokes Springtime. Even a watering can would be adorable.
Here are the objects I’ve chosen for this demonstration. You will see that each one transforms the basic idea (platter + flower wreath) into a completely unique design:
And now, here they are transformed into a simply beautiful centerpiece! That’s all there is to it!
If you want to elaborate on this idea, of course you can!
Optional materials you might want to add:
- Excelsior or Easter basket filler
- Ribbon ~ you might want to embellish a rabbit’s neck or tie bows onto your wreath
- Various smaller accessories that echo the look of your wreath if you’re making it into a tablescape ~ chicks, napkins, eggs, votives, etc.
Here, I used brightly colored excelsior to fill in between the wreath and the focal point in the middle ~
~ and I love the way it completes the arrangement.
Taking your cue from your wreath and the mood it creates, look for other accessories that repeat the style. Example #1: A cute little green wire basket from Michaels that I filled with sparkly faux eggs that coordinate with the glittery eggs in my Pier 1 wreath.
Example #2: I found pretty Easter paper napkins at World Market (they say “hand towels” but they’re always perfect as napkins). The napkin design shows 2 chicks so I decided to add chicks (from Pier 1) to continue the tablescape theme. I hope you can see how one thing leads to another as my creation evolves.
Arrange everything on your table and let the festivities begin!
Happy, happy Easter, happy Springtime!
Final class notes:
- The advantage to a cake stand is that it becomes a stage for your centerpiece and allows more table space for food and table settings.
- Faux floral wreath: You can bend and twist the flower stems to make their placement more pleasing.
- Remember, activate your IMAGINATION and be inventive! That’s where the fun is! Use what’s available ~ if you don’t have a suitable cake stand, use a round dinner plate or charger. Or even a terra cotta pot saucer.
- I hope you’ve noticed this is one floral design where no fresh flowers are needed. After the season, just pack away all those pretty pieces to use again next Spring.